The Federal Transit Administration (FTA), as the federal lead agency, in cooperation with the City of Alexandria, the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), and the National Park Service (NPS), are preparing an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the proposed Potomac Yard Metrorail Station. The EIS is being prepared in conformance with the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (NEPA), as amended, and other applicable regulations and procedures.
This website is your guide to the EIS process. Please bookmark the homepage and refer to it for updates as the EIS progresses.
AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW
The Final Environmental Impact Statement has been released
for public review. Click here
for the Executive Summary and full report.
Click on the icons at left to learn more about the Potomac Yard Metrorail Station EIS, including:
- Background on the EIS and the project purpose and need
- Information on the alternatives that are being evaluated
- Reports, publications, technical memoranda, and other project files
- Updates on public meetings and other ways to get involved, and
- Maps of the study area and the alternatives.
Link to the City of Alexandria project website
Link to the Potomac Yard Metrorail Implementation Work Group
The Potomac Yard Metrorail Station EIS team wants to hear from you! If you have questions, suggestions, or comments — or if you would like to be added to the project e-mail list — please contact us at: